Youth World :

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

When Insults Had Class

> "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the
> vices I admire."
>
> *-- Winston Churchill
>
>
> "I have never killed a man, but I have read many
> obituaries with great pleasure"
>
> *-- Clarence Darrow*
>
>
> "He has never been known to use a word that might
> send a reader to the dictionary."
>
> *-- William Faulkner (about Ernest
> Hemingway)
>
>
> "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this
> wasn't it."
>
> *-- Groucho Marx
>
>
> "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice
> letter saying I approved of it."
>
> *-- Mark Twain
>
>
> "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his
> friends."
>
> *-- Oscar Wilde
>
>
> "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my
> new play, bring a friend. If you have one."
>
> *-- George Bernard Shaw to Winston
> Churchill...followed by
>
>
> Churchill's response: "Cannot possibly attend first
> night, will attend second, if there is one."
>
> *-- Winston Churchill*
>
>
> "I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like
> having you here."
>
> *-- Stephen Bishop
>
>
> "He is a self-made man and worships his creator."
>
> *-- John Bright
>
>
> "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope
> it's nothing trivial."
>
> *-- Irvin S Cobb
>
>
> "He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of
> dullness in others."
>
> *-- Samuel Johnson
>
>
> "He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run
> up."
>
> *-- Paul Keating
>
>
> "He had delusions of adequacy."
>
> *-- Walter Kerr
>
>
> "Why do you sit there looking like an envelope
> without any address on it?"
>
> *-- Mark Twain
>
>
> "His mother should have thrown him away and kept the
> stork."
>
> *-- Mae West
>
>
> "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others,
> whenever they go."
>
> *-- Oscar Wilde*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home